Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Avonlea Chronicle

Sara Stanley changes places with Jo Pitts                                             
                           by: Olivia Dale    


Sara Stanley traded places with Jo Pitts, a streetwise orphan. Tired of her overbearing Aunt Hetty, Sara decides to leave Avonlea and leave Jo Pitts in her place, letting Miss King deal with the new and uncontrollable Sara Stanley. "I was tired of being treated like a baby."  Sara said. "She was always lecturing me and correcting me- about everything. I had to leave, but then I realized I needed my Aunt Hetty more than ever."   Sara left the Island with Gus Pike, but they were trapped and their captors had mistaken Sara as Jo Pitts, revealing Jo Pitts dangerous past. Sara was forced to pickpockets- something she could never do. "Pickpockets?" she told her captors, "I could never do that!"  Meanwhile, Jo Pitts  was ordering Hetty King around, stealing her valuable possessions, and almost drowned her whilst going on a picnic. When Felix found Jo Pitts, this is what she said: "You don't need to worry about ol' Hetty King no more." Felix, clearly confused, asked why not. "Cause' I just drowned the old bat!"  Jo replied matter of factly. But, all is well when ends well, and Sara and Gus safely arrive home, leaving Sara to explain to her aunt the mismatch. After a long, long explanation, Sara and Jo, are not Sara and Jo, each girl is herself. Sara resides happily (ever-after?) in Avonlea and Jo decided to be on her way, typical Jo. 
The exploding outhouse with Jo inside

Jo Pitts




















No comments:

Post a Comment