Wednesday, June 6, 2018

"For I know the plans I have for you.."

Life is always changing. There is nothing that stays the same. Take the seasons, for example, they are in a constant change year after year.
Changes in a person's life can be frightening, as that of a dear friend moving away, or your sister getting married and leaving home, or your own graduation and not knowing what to do afterwards. But, is it really the change that we don't like, or are we simply afraid of the future that doesn't look very clear to us right now?


Even though we can't see far ahead of ourselves, God has a plan and knows what the future holds for every one of us, He says so in Jeremiah 29:11. 
           
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

If we trust in the Lord, He will direct us in the right paths. He will guide us every step of the way.
(see Proverbs 3:5,6) Trusting in God is not always easy, because doubts and fears are thrust at us from every direction, making us look at the storms and trials instead of keeping our eyes on Jesus, so always keep your focus on the Lord!

It says in Proverbs 23:26, 

"My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways."

Give your heart to the Lord, and let your eyes observe His ways! He will NEVER let you down.
If there are any changes taking place in your lives and you're fearing about the future, tell it to Jesus, because He is the One who holds tomorrow in His hands.





3 comments:

  1. So true!
    Thank you so much for this post! I'm graduating and not really sure what I will do next, but Gods got a plan! Thanks for this encouragement! I really like Jeremiah 29:11!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Brooklyne,
      I'm so happy that this post has been an encouragement to you!
      Usually I don't write any personal posts about what's been going on in my life, (like my sisters' engagement and my graduating) but I wanted to share something encouraging to bless others.
      God bless!
      ~Deborah

      Delete
  2. This was really nice! Thanks for posting! :D

    ReplyDelete